Thursday, March 4, 2010

I got bugs! ...ladybugs!

Saturday when I got home from work Ryan informed me that "lady bugs were making a nest in his ears and it hurt really bad" of course priority peds closed 20 minutes early which meant Children's hospital  here we come. I felt blessed to see there was only one child waiting in the waiting room and Batman was on the TV. Score! Ryan didn't care about the blood pressure machine, or taking 5 syringes of meds as long as he could see Batman. When we got into our room about 10 minutes later it was like a mom's heaven. Nice dim lighting, clean and sterile with an over stuffed relining rocking chair. When the nurse said I will be right back with a movie for you to watch while you wait I thought I had died and gone to heaven and suddenly I didn't care how long I had to stay. All though when 45mins hit Ryan and I where ready to leave and find dinner and our beds. It was about 9pm by the time we got out and I knew I had to fill his prescription. At this point I didn't care who filled it or what the cost was. I knew CVS was open 24/7 and I could get him the Hersey bar I promised him.  So CVS filled all of our needs and I didn't have time to look for coupons or deals.

Now me on the other hand... over night last night I got an ear infection. I went to the doctor and he sent the prescriptions to Rainbow Foods (6 prescriptions gives you a gift card) but they didn't have the 4.00 prescriptions so I asked the lady to transfer it to target who not only had 4.00 meds but I remembered reading this week they had a coupon for a 10.00 gift card with a new prescription fill. Of course when I got there they didn't have any coupons left so I went up to customer service where the nice lady found me a coupon from the ad n her drawer. So I left with 3.09 off brand sudefed, a 4.00 prescription and a 10.00 gift card for target.

So before you fill your meds call around. Target and Wal-Mart both have 4.00 meds and often there are coupons out there for free gift cards. Plus, Rainbow is always running their 6 fills and you get a gift card. 

Now hopefully all of the prescriptions will work and we will all be better very soon.

Quote of the day from Ryan: "There are ladybugs making nests in my ears and lady's don't belong in boys ears because they are girls!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment